This Guest Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) constitutes a contract between (Guest.FullName) (the “Guest”) and Island Time Hilton Head, LLC (the “Company”). Each property is privately owned including the furnishings, with the Company acting as agent for the owner. The Guest is a licensee of the owner and not a tenant and is not acquiring any interest in the property.
1. PAYMENT DETAILS
• Initial Payment & Guest License Agreement – As Outlined in the Reservation Confirmation. A deposit of 50% of the total rental is required to confirm the reservation. We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover & American Express or Check. Credit card fees for using these forms of payment up to 3.75% will be applied. Failure of initial payment within 72 hours of booking will result in cancellation of agreement. This Agreement must be signed and returned to the Company within seven (7) days of making your reservation. Failure to do so will result in cancellation at the end of seventh (7th) day resulting in refund of initial payment minus the Booking Processing Fee and credit card fees. The Booking Processing Fee and credit fee are non-refundable.
Final Payment – Your full payment of the total rental must be received thirty (30) days prior to arrival. If we don't receive your payment by thirty (30) days prior to arrival, we will automatically bill the credit card on file for your final payment. We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover & American Express. Credit card fees for using this form of payment up to 3.75% will be applied.
• Age – Guest agrees that he or she is at least 25 years of age or older and will be occupying the property during the dates requested.
• Check-in time – Guest acknowledges that check-in is NO EARLIER THAN 4:00 PM. In the event that a property is not ready by 4:00 PM, no rental refund will be issued. Due to workforce shortages in our area, housekeeping can sometimes be impacted. We continually monitor and update our contractors to meet this demand, but your patience and understanding is appreciated.
• Check-in procedure – When your balance is paid in full (thirty (30) days prior to your arrival) AND we’ve received your signed Agreement, you will receive an email regarding our express check-in procedures. The email will give you a link to access your digital guestbook. The digital guestbook will allow you access to all the pertinent information for your vacation rental property. This includes directions to the property, codes to access your front door, garage codes, property phone number (if applicable), Wi-Fi code, or any other information needed for your property, and our HHI Guide.
• Check-out time – Guest acknowledges that check-out is NO LATER than 10:00 AM. Please follow our check out instructions to take out the trash, start the dishwasher and make sure the home is fully and properly secured.
3. CAR PASSES
• Sea Pines, Shipyard & Palmetto Dunes Plantation - If you are staying in Sea Pines, Shipyard or Palmetto Dunes that plantation’s car gate passes will be available at our office for pick up on the date of your arrival in a packet. Your Guest Hospitality App will provide details once you have downloaded.
• Singleton Beach Properties, Folly Field Properties, and North and South Forest Beach Properties – Car passes are available along with the check in packet at our offices. Some properties do not require a car pass or instructions, please refer to your check in app or contact our office for any questions prior to the day of arrival.
• All booking located in an area a car pass is required has ONE parking or car pass included in your total. Any additional parking or car pass will need to be requested prior to arrival and the corresponding fee will be added to your booking and charged to your credit card.
4. CANCELLATION POLICY
• Trip Preservation – We recommend purchasing travel insurance to protect your investment. If Guest has purchased travel insurance, any or all trip reimbursement will be subject to the policy terms and conditions. The travel insurance agreement is between Guest and the Policy Provider. Island Time Hilton Head is not the policy provider, Rental Guardian Insurance Services is the holder. If selected, the travel insurance premium is charged at the time of booking and is nonrefundable.
• Early Departures and No Shows - No refunds for early departures or no-shows. If you have purchased travel insurance, any or all trip reimbursement will be subject to the policy terms and conditions. The travel insurance agreement is between Guest and the Policy Provider. Island Time Hilton Head is not the policy provider.
• Storms - There are no refunds in the event of inclement weather including: a tropical storm, tropical depression, hurricane, or named storm, and all payments will be forfeited. If Guest has purchased travel insurance, any or all trip reimbursement is between you and the insurance company and will be subject to the policy terms and conditions. The travel insurance agreement is between Guest and the Policy Provider. Island Time Hilton Head is not the policy provider.
• Cancellation Refund Schedule – The Cancellation Policy is binding at the time of booking and receipt of the Reservation Confirmation as outlined in Reservation Confirmation, failure to complete the rental agreement does not exclude Guest from responsibilities as outlined in the Cancellation Policy.
• Before 45 days of arrival date we will refund the initial payment after the forfeiture of the booking processing fee and the Credit Card fee if applicable.
• Between 31 to 44 days prior to arrival we will refund 50% of initial payment after the forfeiture of the booking processing fee and the Credit Card fee if applicable.
• Inside 30 days of arrival date all payments are nonrefundable
• The Booking Processing Fee and credit fee are non-refundable.
• Before 60 days of arrival date of arrival date we will refund the initial payment after the forfeiture of the booking processing fee and the Credit Card fee if applicable.
• Between 46 to 59 days prior to arrival we will refund 75% of initial payment after the forfeiture of the booking processing fee and the Credit Card fee if applicable.
• Between 31 to 45 days prior to arrival we will refund 50% of initial payment after the forfeiture of the booking processing fee and the Credit Card fee if applicable.
• Inside 30 days of arrival date all payments are nonrefundable
• The Booking Processing Fee and credit fee are non-refundable.
5. PET POLICY
• NO DOGS, CATS, OR OTHER ANIMALS – Guest is not permitted to have dogs, cats, or other animals on or at the property, unless agreed upon by Company prior to arrival, and the nonrefundable dog fee is paid (except in the case of service animals (dogs)).
• DOG-FRIENDLY RESERVATIONS - Guest agrees to be responsible for picking up after their dog and won't allow the dog to be left unattended. Dogs can weigh up to 50lbs and are not permitted on furniture or beds in the property. If additional costs are incurred for cleaning, pick-up, flea treatments and/or similar actions as a result of the dog, the Guest’s credit card will be billed. The nonrefundable pet fee is from $300.00 to $600 (defined by each property owner) weekly for the first dog and from $150.00 to $600 (defined by each property owner) weekly for each additional dog (if the property allows for more than one dog). Guests could be asked to leave without a refund if a pet is found on premise or if evidence shows one or several dogs in the property without prior permission and will be charged a pet fee of double of the regular price for the violation.
• SERVICE ANIMALS - The Company shall make reasonable accommodations upon written request for a service animal (dog), in accordance with applicable law, and no pet fee shall be required. Guest must submit a written request for the service animal in advance of their reservation. The Company may request information and/or documentation in accordance with applicable law supporting the animal’s status as a service animal, together with up to date veterinary records confirming the animal is current with all vaccinations. The Company reserves the right to withdraw consent and demand removal of any previously permitted service animal upon evidence of injury or damage to person or property caused by the animal, threatening or aggressive behavior of the animal, damage done by the animal to the property, non-compliance by the Guest with local ordinances and state laws regarding custody and control of the animal, or any other reason permitted by applicable law.
• NUISANCE ANIMALS - Under no circumstances will a nuisance animal be tolerated on the property and the Company reserves the right to withdraw consent and demand removal of any animal on the property in the event it is reported or complaints are registered that the animal is a nuisance including, but not limited to, being off leash or out of Guest’s control, running unrestrained off the premises, aggressive or uncontrolled behavior towards other animals or persons, or excessive noise or barking. Such conduct may further include the Guest allowing the animal to defecate on the property or on others’ property without cleaning up after the animal.
6. SMOKING POLICY
- NO SMOKING - ALL properties are designated as NO-Smoking. Smoking includes the act of lighting, smoking, or carrying a lighted or smoldering cigar, cigarette, pipe, electronic cigarette, or vape of any kind. If we find that a guest has smoked in the property (or on the porch/patio or balcony) the guest will be charged for any cost pertaining to cleaning and remediation. This includes but not limited to carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, ozone machine rentals, etc. These charges will be billed to the credit card on file for the reservation. Guests could be asked to leave without a refund if they fail to comply with our Smoke Free Policy.
• Waiver and Release - I understand that riding bicycles, golfing and driving a golf cart, and the use of amenities and equipment, including but not limited to all water sports, pools, hot tubs, exercise equipment or facilities, fireplaces, and grills, entails risk which cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. On behalf of myself, family members, and all guests, I knowingly and freely assume all risks, both known and unknown, and assume full responsibility for the use of my family and guests of all amenities and golfing facilities and any bicycle use and golf cart use. This release also covers issues with any services ordered pre-arrival and during my stay. If me, any family member, or guest of mine is injured, property is damaged, or lost, I, on my behalf, on behalf of my family and my guests, and on behalf of their heirs or personal representatives, release, waive and discharge the Company, its representatives, employees and agents from, and agree not to sue the Company, its representatives, employees and agents and the owner of the property for claims for injury or damage that directly or indirectly results from Guest’s occupancy of the property, use of any of the amenities or golf facilities or use of any bicycles or golf carts or any services purchased. I, on my behalf, on behalf of my family and my guests, and on behalf of their heirs or personal representatives, release, waive and discharge Island Time Hilton Head.
• Guest agrees to indemnify owners for any damages to property including damages to the home, property and surrounding grounds, furnishings and household items which occur as a result of Guest’s occupancy as stated by the Guest License Agreement. The Company or owner will not be liable for any damages to the property or for any accident that may occur to Guest or any invitees during occupancy in or on the property. The Company or owner may re-enter the property at a reasonable time for making repairs. The Company or owner is not responsible for articles left in or on the property. GUEST ACKNOWLEDGES THE COMPANY’S AUTHORITY TO CHARGE GUESTS’ CREDIT CARD FOR DAMAGES TO THE PROPERTY WHEN OCCUPIED BY THE GUEST OR HIS/HER INVITEES.
8. POOL/ SPA
• Pool or Spa Heat - Pool or spa heat must be scheduled at least fourteen (14) days prior to arrival. Additional fees apply for last minute requests prior to arrival or after arriving at the property. These fees differ per property and will be added to the cost of pool heat. If the weather drops below 60 degrees, the pool may not be capable of being heated and or reaching optimal temperature. NO REFUND OF THE RENTAL WILL BE GIVEN IF POOL HEATING EQUIPMENT FAILS.
• Waiver and Release - I understand that swimming entails risks which cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. On behalf of myself, family members and all guests, I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, and assume full responsibility for my use, and the use of my family and guests, of any private pool on the property, any neighborhood or property owners' association pool, or any community-wide pool accessible to renters of the property. If me or any family member or guest of mine is injured, or property is damaged or lost while using any such pool, I, on my behalf, on behalf of my family and my guests, and on behalf of their heirs or personal representatives, release, waive and discharge the Company, its representatives, employees and agents from, and agree not to sue the Company, its representatives, employees and agents and the owner of the property for, claims for injury or damage that directly or indirectly results from use of any such pool.
9. MID-STAY CLEANING
• Weekly Rentals – No mid-stay cleans are included in weekly rentals. If you would like to purchase a mid-stay clean, please call our office at 843-785-3456.
• Multiple Week Rentals – Mid-stay cleans are not included in multiple week rentals. Guest acknowledges that when renting a property for multiple weeks that a request must be made to schedule additional cleaning.
10. ACCIDENTAL DAMAGES
• Coverage - The Damage Waiver fee provides guests with protection for accidental damages during the stay. The cost of this protection ($19/$49/$69 depending on the property) will respectively cover up to $500/$1000/$1500 for accidental damage to real or personal property. Malicious or intentional damage is not covered. The damage must be reported before guest departure, any damage found upon departure will result in no coverage by the Company. This plan covers only guests who rent through the Company and is not available for any other occupants of a property.
11. PROHIBITED ITEMS, LOCAL ORDINANCES, AND COMMUNITY REGULATIONS
• Guest agrees to abide by all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and ordinances, including any Planned Unit Development covenants, conditions or restrictions while occupying the property. Guest agrees and acknowledges that fireworks are prohibited by county ordinance. For rentals within Palmetto Dunes,Sea Pines Plantation and Shipyard Plantation: motorcycles, campers or trailers, recreational vehicles, and boat trailers are prohibited within the communities. For rentals which are oceanfront, the Town of Hilton Head Island has exterior lighting restrictions that are strictly enforced between May 1st and October 31st for the protection of the sea turtle nests, which if not observed, may result in fines to the Guest. Additional town and community regulation may apply and will be posted with the property.
• Hold Harmless - Should the owner elect to remove this property from the management responsibility of the Company, or should the dwelling be undergoing any major repairs or should the dwelling be uninhabitable for any reason, Guest shall hold the Company harmless. The Company will provide comparable accommodations whenever possible. In the event that the Company is unable to provide comparable accommodations, the Guest shall be provided a refund of all deposits provided except the non-refundable Booking Process fee which shall be Guest’s sole and exclusive remedy.
• Mechanical Failure - Should there be a mechanical failure for any reason on any item that impacts Guest's stay, there will be no refund of rental rate or fees. Guest is responsible to report any issues with the property immediately upon detection, in order for the Company to attempt to assess and address as best and reasonable as possible but cannot guarantee any resolution or result due to circumstance beyond company's control. Island Time Hilton Head requires all disturbances to Guest stay be reported during the dates of the Guest Reservation.
• Deposit Accounts - Guest acknowledges that the Company places all deposits into an insured interest-bearing bank escrow account and that interest income accrues to the Company.
• Entire Agreement - Guest and the Company acknowledge that this Agreement contains the full and complete agreement between and among them and that there are no oral or implied agreements or understandings which are not specifically set forth in this Agreement, and this Agreement may be amended, supplemented, or modified only by a written agreement signed by each of the parties hereto. Each party acknowledges that no party, or agent or attorney of any other party or any person, firm, corporation, or any other entity has made any promise, representation, or warranty whatsoever, expressed, implied or statutory, not contained herein concerning the subject matter hereof to induce the execution of this Agreement. Each signatory also acknowledges that it has not executed this Agreement in reliance on any promise, representation or warranty not contained in this Agreement.
• Titles and Paragraph Headings - The titles and paragraph headings used herein shall be for the purposes of convenience only and shall not be considered substantive in matters of construction.
• Ambiguities and Conflict - The legal principle of contract interpretation that an agreement shall be construed against the drafter shall not apply to this Agreement. For purposes of the construction or interpretation of this Agreement, the parties shall be deemed to have participated equally in its drafting, and any interpretation shall be so as to fully protect and preserve the Company’s rights and remedies.
• Severability - In the event any term or provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, such invalid term or provision shall be severed and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other term or provision herein contained.
• Governing Law - This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of South Carolina and Beaufort County without regard to principles of conflicts of law.
• Electronic Signatures - This Agreement may be executed by electronic or digital signatures in accordance with the South Carolina Uniform Electronic Transactions Act.